Thursday, June 7, 2012

Chapter 5 - Legwork

Data Sources

There are data sources that I have considered for my Qualitative Research that have already proved to be efficient and worthy pieces of data.  FOr instance, I have surveyed 18 students, both previous and present.  I have gathered good feedback from about 1/3 thus far.  Some other data that I could consider for my research would be as follows:
  • What video and audio data could be used?
  • Are there journals kept in which research was conduted on the processes used to complete art pieces?
  • Is there documented processes of artwork used in art making?
  • Are there official documents that have been preserved by State and Federal archives?
I could use the Internet to collect this data, and also utilize Public Libraries, both local and state for materiels.  I could also retrieve permission from individuals that have conducted similar research.  I would have to (more than likely), invent audio and video data while observing students during the artmaking process.  The closest available substitute if video and audio were unavailable would be to reference TED, YouTube, or other educational audio or video feeds.


0 comments:

Post a Comment