Saturday, June 9, 2012

Blog # 14 - Summative Assessment

Henry Samuel Andrews Torbett with Big Brother Charlie, May 22, 2012



Life sometimes takes wonderful, expected turns that prevent us from finishing the drill.  Due to the arrival of my son, I was unable to complete the final VTS of my summative image.  So, as a new happy father, I am going to answer the summative questions to the best of my abilities with what I have to work with.  Here we go:

Good Choice?

Absolutely.  Picking the right person to have a family with takes much thought and consideration.  Mandy is a wonderful mother.  Also, alot of research and development, mixed with much conversation was placed in choosing to have another baby, and alot of time and consideration was placed on naming him Samuel upon the news he was going to be a boy.  I wanted a strong name.  Much research was done, including a search of the US Census Bureau from 1861-1869 in efforts to find names that have "stood the test of time."  Historical names if you will.  I am not a fan of trendy names.  I think if you VTS the photos, he looks like a "strong, healthy fellow."  A Samuel.


Evidence of Student Learning?

In the fatherhood category, I am always learning something new.  No, I do not have it figured out with my 4 year-old, Charlie, and I learn something new everyday.  I feel like Samuel will teach me alot of things as well.  He looks like he is going to be a wonderful teacher.

Reflecting on VTS as a summative strategy...

HMMMMM.....I could reflect on these year-ending "summative images" all day long.  Many insights to look forward to, Tons of surprises ahead, and many, many, questions to answer.  I am guessing one may be "No, you cannot have another piece of candy." :0)

Hope this works....And I am OK if it doesnt.  

It is the perfect summation of an eventful year in my life....



3 comments:

MJFranco said...

I'll take it! Creativity, sincerity and two beautiful images. What's going on in those pictures? Clearly a lot of love on a lot of levels. Congratulations, Dad!

Sheryl Lamme said...

"No, you can not have a marmot. No, you can not travel on a bus to meet the friend that you only know from online gaming. No, you may not wear the cap plastered with marajuana leaves to the family reunion." All genuine questions answered during the course of raising two sons. Congratulations! Hang on and get ready for a long strange strange trip!
PS I am certain that your two pics would provide a meaningful VTS discussion for my elementary kiddos.

Black Mountain Ragster said...

Use 'EM!!!, Hot Pockets!!!

Post a Comment