Thursday, June 7, 2012

Chapter 3 - Bridgework


What I Know

I must admit that I am a poorly self-disciplined individual.  I am extremely disorganized, but have my own way of shelvng a filing my things.  I have never been a journal keeper, although I love the idea.  I just cannot organize my day enough to make this happen.  Therefore, I feel it would be better for me to compare the differences between not keeping a journal and keeping one.  Keeping a journal would better organize my data, thoughts, and ideas.  It would also allow me to keep a permanant reference of materials for research.  I do read Media Journal, Communication Arts,  Print Magazine, and occasionally, the quick literary review, but I do not typically have (or arrange) time to review journals.

Students today hate writing it seems.  We do a mandatory writing assignment (carefully coined), "Writing To Win,"  three times a week, and continue a sketch book called that I call Creative Caffiene.  They enjoy the visual Journal much, much better.  I have recently been forcing students to come up with written materials to go along with their assignments.  This helps students write about their own collective visualizations.

Google-ogrophy

learning retaining, and utilizing art curriculum (searched)
About 9,490,000 results (0.30 seconds)

After creating a search using the key words listed above, I found many hits that could take me down numerous paths in reference to my topic.  I have already learned that my topic may be a bit broad still.  I also learned that there are alot of helpful insights on curriculum creation, which excites me as I often am trying new things in the classroom.  

I could try using alternate keywords, or sources, but I feel that the qualitative research is going to be out there.  I am also stemming my basis of research through working with previous students from past art classes that are pursuing degrees in art, as well as working with students that are currently taking my course. Any information that I would deem nominal would be printed and downloaded.

Bibliography Practice

I can always use more material when working on a study.  After all, my life motto is you can never learn too much.  I can easily eliminate some sources that I felt were valuable, and I am still considering condensing my big question even further. Most of my researched material is in the same genre, but I am going to use video, as well as tool and alot of interviewing students and other teachers.  If I were to refine my paaper again it would be more specifically focused on retaining art curriculum in  a world of instant gratification of web sources.

0 comments:

Post a Comment