Friday, December 16, 2011

Summative Reflection Project - My Great VTS

Hello Blogsters!

Well, it is the close of the Semester, and man has it flown!  It has been an extremely busy one for me, as I have been assigned many new tasks at school, and have recently found out about a new addition to my family.  My wife, Mandy and I are expecting.  It is an exciting, yet tiring time here at the Torbett household, however, I have managed to stay in the Christmas spirit despite my overwhelming life at the moment.

To introduce my summative reflection project, I feel it necessary to explain why I chose the piece that I am submitting.  I feel as though change is overwhelming at times, and I am knee deep in it as we speak.   I chose to do a transitional piece in hopes to capture these changes as they take place in my life.  From school, to a new baby, from Fall to Winter, from a teacher to a VTS facilitator, all things are changing with me at this time.

I chose to relate my VTS reflection piece to my favorite past time, bluegrass music.  No matter how busy things get, I always seem to discover myself through the natural progressions of bluegrass and art.  I designed 5 separate pieces of art, each carrying the comparison of VTS and music.  I felt as though each individual instrument in bluegrass can relate to a certain aspect of  VTS.  It takes a unit of instruments to make both a success.

I attempted to capture and translate my feelings to you guys through a visual movie.  I have posted below each individual piece of art, as they were cut off during the conversion.  Also, I wrote a short poem (in the spirit and rhythm of "Twas the Night Before Christmas" to accompany the work.  I hope you, too can relate, and also enjoy what a wonderful "unit" the entire VTS experience is.  Merry Christmas everyone!






Now for My Summative Reflection piece...



You can watch on YouTube as well:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1IFtXXrKZs




0 comments:

Post a Comment