Sunday, March 25, 2012

Read & Reflect

After reading Housen's article, Eye of the Beholder: Research, Theory, & Practice”, I became more in tune with the theories behind VTS.  I found it interesting, as I sort of began to grasp a sense of a Left-Brained approach to a Right-Brained exercise.  I enjoyed the idea of a problem solving method of viewing art.  
It is quite funny how we naturally avoid appropriate steps that need be taken in creating theories, solving problems, and even creating art.  I feel like (and teach daily), that the better result always comes from using a process.  It seems only natural that using the VTS processes will only make any novice viewer of art a more effective and adaptive viewer.  

2 comments:

MJFranco said...

I enjoyed these comments. Would you consider yourself left-brained or right brained. (I'm inferring that as a visual artist AND a musician that you favor the right hemisphere? Do correct me if I'm wrong!

Black Mountain Ragster said...

DEFINITELY RIGHT BRAINED!!!!!!! NO CORRECTION NEEDED!

Post a Comment