Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bog Topic #4 - Walker's Sequencing

I am sticking to the strategies of Walker.  I feel like the sequencing of the unit can only help better develop useful Visual Thinking Strategies.  My unit that I have developed is in line with History, as I have made known.  In saying this, history runs in sequences itself, therefore it can only better suit my unit to follow the sequences discussed by Walker.

Conceptual Framework:
Students can VTS a particular work of art that is depicting a certain event within the specific historical timeframe, but cannot truly understand the projects without researching criteria based on the activity.  It is essential that I keep all projects in line with the Graphic Design Standards that are state-implemented which I believe hinders my abilities to create true conceptual studio work, but I have found a way to keep my BIG IDEA interesting and structured toward visual learning.  As I move through the images involved in each category, it is assumed that I will be delivering more powerful and intuitive images as we move through each section.

1 comments:

MJFranco said...

Here's a thought (and perhaps, a far-fetched one). Would the National Archives have imagery and documents that you could VTS in addition to period paintings to make it more relevant to your course content? I think you can access their images online (and as a former employee of the U. S. Government, you may know for sure). I'm thinking photographs, pamplets, etc. We are doing research with a boys' writing club and a few weeks ago, the kids VTSed a Wanted poster. It was pretty fascinating. For sure, some of their evidence was based on printed words on the poster, but the poster itself was photographed; the photo contained a book, some gold nuggets, a pickax and other things that gave it a narrative quallity. Feel free to think outside the box when it comes to your image selections. Don't feel that you have to limit yourself to fine art.

Post a Comment