Monday, December 17, 2012

Play Project Description

Okay,

So here's my "PLAY" Project idea.  I want to create (as an ad design teacher), an Ad Totem Pole.

Much like this:


I believe an Ad Totem Pole would be cool.  I have contacted the Northwest Georgia Power Company, and have had a wooden pole cut down to 9" donated for my classroom.  The idea behind my project will be that students can create bulletins, stickers, advertise clubs, etc.  

We will start by making flyers for upcoming bands, music and events in our area.  Then move on to stickers and other assortments.  It can be used as a gallery pole, a advertisement pole, or whatever.  Mostly just a place for kids to staple up their work or whatever.

RESULTS...

Overwhelming!  The ideas that have been generated from this are incredible.  My students love the idea, and they are on board.  I am set to have the pole cut to size and delivered after Christmas.  I think this will be really cool.  In the meantime the students have beeen given full reign to put whatever they want to create for the first pole postings.  Here are some examples of their choosings and designs.
















1 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool. LOVE the three dimensional aspect of the pole! You should wrap in in paper first and then you can eventually slice it and take it down as a two dimensional piece and put up a new one and start again! Themed poles! etc... rock on.

Post a Comment